Monday, April 07, 2008

I've been tagged...

I usually use this a a picture blog, but for Sarah Kirksey, I'll follow in her footsteps and answer a few questions about myself!

Ten years ago I was:
Wow, I was a sophmore in high school, starting the softball season, playing flute in band and bass guitar in jazz band, involved in youth group and church...and sadly I can't remember what else. I drove an old green Ford pickup to school and back, and it got terrible gas mileage. And I think gas prices were somewhere around $1.00.

Things on my to do list today:
Complete my work day, (yes I am at work, and 99% of the time I don't have time to even sit down, but today I was the lucky winner and get to do a 1:1, which for those not in health care pretty much means I babysit an adult male for the whole day).
Go to the gym after work.
Finish packing for my trip to Kaua'i on Thursday!

What I would do if I was loaded with money:
Yes, paying off debt is the first smart thing to do. Luckily my debt is only a car and school. Then I'd help my family with theirs.
Next: build my dad and his wife that log house they have been wanting for years.
Send my sister and her WHOLE family on a trip to a location of their choosing, complete with a babysitter or two.
Donate money to Compassion Internation and Young Life.
Invest the rest I guess??
I'd probably spend some of random items for myself and others also.
I have to admit, I'm not sure I ever want to win a large amount of money. I'm pretty satisfied with my life at this point. I have a reason to work and develop a budget. Life isn't about having enough money to do whatever I want with.

Three of my bad habits:
1. Getting really annoyed and slightly rude when people try and tell me how to do my job. Unless it is a new task I have never done before. :)
2. Always feeling the need to clean up after others, rinsing dishes, fold clothes even if I am a guest at someone's house.
3. Trying to do too much while I'm driving! Talk on the phone, open mail...I won't even describe anything else. Of course I only do these things when I'm driving by myself.

Five jobs I've had:
1. Cleaning horse stalls
2. Janitorial at GFU
3. City of Salem employee, creek cleaner and other random jobs
4. Secretary work for an Audiology Clinic
5. Registered Nurse

Five things people don't know about me:
Ugh, I think I'm going to have a hard time with this one...
1. I haven't been to the beach since August of 2007.
2. I went surfing once in 2000, the board hit my head and I had to get some stitches.
3. My dad's wife has a son in his 30's, so I guess I have a step-brother, although I've only met him once.
4. I get nauseated when I fly and I can't handle rides at the fair anymore!
5. I've driving across the country twice.

Okay, whew, that was an interesting one. Okay, I'm tagging Elia next. :)

1 comment:

BeckyBuck said...

neato, i am glad you did this. it was fun to read about you. Love you have fun in Hawaii.
hope you get back to work intime. sorry i have not been able to get ahold of you maybe i will call you right now.
Becky