Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hawaian Luau


What is with chickens on the island? They were everywhere! And not only were the roosters crowing in the early morning, but they seemed to do it throughout the day!!

Ahh, my first luau experience. This was probably the most touristy thing we did while in Kaua'i. Well worth it though. Started out the evening with a little practice in front of the crowd. I conveniently stood back to take pictures so I wouldn't have to be in front with the other gals. :) Smart me huh?

Amazing food, especially the meat. Shredded pork and some teriyaki beef!! Here is Erin, I and Bonnie with all the good fixings!

After the meal we had a show of many traditional dances from Hawaii and surrounding islands.

Last, but not least...remember how earlier in the evening I avoided being in front of the crowd? Well, unfortunately for me, I was the lucky winner this time and got chosen to go upstage and attempt to move my hips like the dancers did. How did I do? Good question, ask my travel companions.

No comments: