Saturday, November 03, 2007

The snow is coming!

There are only so many pictures I can take of glaciers, eagles and other animals, right? No, not really. Especially since I keep taking more. Today was a nice day for Juneau, a few random rain showers, a hint of the sun, and even blue sky peaking through the clouds every once in a while. Went out to Mendenhall Glacier and took a walk.





The tide here in Juneau is quite drastic and I was able to walk along the lake on sandy shores that are otherwise covered with water. It was great because I was able to get even closer to the glacier and a waterfall that is right nearby.



Be ready for more pictures of eagles too, because this week I'm heading to Haines for the Eagle Festival. :) I'll aim for that winning shot and I'll probably end up with 100 plus pictures of these magnificent birds. True natives from Juneau don't quite have the same attitude as I do. They call the eagles the "Alaskan Vultures". Not very grand is it?

No comments: