Friday, October 06, 2006

Finally...Fall foliage.

The peak weekend of Vermont Fall Foliage has finally arrived. The hotels are full, the sky is blue, sun is warm, crisp cold nights, and tourists all over the road, so don't be in a hurry to get anywhere! A rich array of colors from deep reds to bright, almost fluorescent yellows. The wide variety of colors can be found on almost every road, hillside and neighborhood. No chance of hiking a trail alone, other hikers are pouring out in the numbers to enjoy the fall. And of course, so am I. Just finished my work week and an extra shift to top it off, and I am tired. Today was the exhausted day, so I just drove around, found numerous country roads, trying to get the "perfect pictures" and to just enjoy the scenery.



These are the best colors to see on a tree!



The hillsides are really gorgeous all lit up in color. I feel like I took about 500 pictures, but only one or two really show the great colors. How many pictures can a person take of trees??



Here is a nice trail full of leaves and the feeling of fall.

2 comments:

Brad & Emily said...

Wendy those pictures are beautiful!!

Sarah said...

great pictures Wendylyn! :) I took about 50 of the trees around here before my camera died. I hope I got a few good ones at least. It's true...pictures hardly do the beauty justice. Love ya!!