Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sarah's trip to Juneau



Sarah arrived on an amazing day in Juneau. Blue skies and sun! It was a little cold though. And after three nights below freezing there was quite a bit of frost on everything. Especially because the sun doesn't hit everything AND it isn't warming up above freezing! Sure makes for some beautiful ice crystals though.



Sarah and I had to hike to the glacier because that has been a highlight of my time here. And the day was perfect for it. Here we are, in front of Mendenhall Glacier.



Sarah, about to go into an ice cave!



Ahh, the blue always amazes me. Although I think it is more blue when the sky is cloudy...oh well.



Just one more picture of the glacier...I promise. Now we're in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory and it is even colder, more pictures to come...

No comments: