Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Frozen Lake


It was so cold when Sarah came to visit that Mendenhall Lake froze over the ice was strong enough we could walk on it. My friend Brian took us ice skating although we ended up using our shoes the majority of the time on the ice. Here Sarah and I are standing on a piece of the glacier that had been floating in the lake prior to it freezing. I guess it is still floating? Just in ice.

It took about 25 minutes to walk from the shore all the way to the glacier, but it was so beautiful and awesome to be close to it once again, but at a different angle, ON the lake!

Just another peice of the glacier.

Yes, I admit to being a little nervous while walking on the lake. Brian had to reassure me a few times that it was safe. :) All I could think of was those 911 calls you hear about or see on TV about a dog or person who has broken through the ice. But we were perfectly safe!

A beautiful ending to the day.

1 comment:

Elia said...

Woah, Wendy! FANTASTIC photos!!! That last one should be sent to National Geographic or something. :) SO SO good to hang out with you last night! I missed you!!