Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mom and I


My mother came to visit me about a two weeks ago. It was a wonderful thing to have her here for a few days, especially over my birthday weekend! During her stay we did a few things like going to the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory and enjoying a maple syrup farm near Montpeiler, which is the state capital. The above building with the golden dome is the capital building. We walked around the little town of Montpeiler and mom took many pictures of all the churches there.


We also drove up to Montreal so my mom could see the cathedrals and monuments there. It didn't rain at all and here is a good picture of the downtown skyline from a bridge. Mont Royal is in the background.


We also enjoyed walking around Burlington a bit, although it was very chilly when she was here, so we didn't stay outside very long! Here we are at the waterfront in Burlington. November is really not the best of months to come to Vermont. Some of the museums and famous mountain passes are closed due to the weather, so mom missed seeing a few things that I wanted her to see. But it was better to have her here than not at all. I guess we'll have to come again!!

I am leaving this wonderful state in a little more than a week. I have a hard time believing that my assignment is almost over. I will miss all the good people I've met here, especially Allie, but overall it was a great experience! I do have one more adventure before I head home. I'm heading to New York City for the weekend with another friend, Shaunna! I'll try and post those pictures before I start the long drive home.

No comments: