Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ice Storm in Oregon

While some parts of the Willamette Valley got snow, we at my mom's house near Turner, Oregon had some freezing rain on the Sunday before Christmas. It was amazing to wake up in the morning and find thick ice covering everything outside!!


It was truly an amazing sight that day. Even just standing outside listening was pretty cool. Every few minutes you could hear another tree limb or ice or whole tree falling in the area. My mom's property is a disaster.

This picture looks pretty bad for both vehicles, but luckily my mom's truck only had some damage to the canopy. But wow, what a mess to clean up. Thanks to our neighbor who came with his chain saw we could get the truck out later that evening.

Unfortunately for us...some tree limbs became way too heavy and decided to fall on my old car, the "silver bullet" as my friend Sarah and I used to call it. It served us well on many road trips. How sad to see it out of service now.

No comments: