Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finally...Mt McGinnis


Finally took the opportunity of a "nice" day in Juneau to hike a mountain that has been in my mind for a long time. And what better hiking companions than my two roomies, Rachel and Janelle.The view was pretty nice most of the hike. Here is a good view of Mendenhall Glacier.

Unfortunately when we got to the top, it was cloudy and we couldn't see a thing from the top. I was a little perterbed. It was a pretty steep hike and really wanted a view from the top. We came down from the top the easy way on this snow bank. So cloudy you can't even see the top of the mountain!

Here is my roomies and I!

Flowers do bloom here.

If you can see the little tiny tent and people, this is what some of the cruise ships offer for a few hundred dollars. A trip to walk on the glacier!

No comments: